Sunday, January 23, 2011

Paati Shapta




Traditional sankranti bengali sweet.This was my first attempt making this
and I must admit I was kind of nervous that I would mess it up but this recipe
from my mom-in-law is easy to make and really tastes awesome!

Ingredients:makes 6
1/2 cup maida
1/4 cup sooji
1 cup milk
2tbsp+2tsp sugar
1 pinch elaichi powder
100gms khoya

1.Soak suji in 1 cup milk for 1/2 hour.
2.Add maida and 2 tsp sugar to this mix.
3.For the stuffing:In a kadhai add the khoya,2tbsp sugar,elaichi powder,1tsp milk
and lightly saute till everything mixes well and the khoya softens up.
Stuffing is now ready.
4.Ladle 2tbsp mixture on a greased frying pan and make a small thin
pancake.Cook for 1minute and then add the 3tsp stuffing on one side and gently
roll the pancake up and take off the pan.
5.Continue with the rest of the mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment